Call For Application: PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards
Vector-borne diseases (VBDs) are endemic and exert enormous pressure on the public health systems globally, especially in countries in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Several advances have been made in reducing the burden due to VBDs, but none seems to drive to elimination. Women are key change agents in to combat VBDs; thus, their involvement in the design, leadership, and execution of health interventions increases the levels of ownership, compliance and helps shape best practices in VBDs control and elimination.
PAMCA purposes to mainstream gender issues in its capacity- building efforts in vector control in Africa and thus has established fully-fledged Women in Vector Control Programme. PAMCA appreciates that women have contributed immensely to the fight against VBDs and thus need to be recognized, motivated, and rewarded therefore it has set up a Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards initiative. The award is to recognize achievements and excellence among women who have contributed exceptionally to research, mentorship, leadership, and innovations in the control of VBDs in SSA.
Awards and Ceremony
This year, PAMCA will honour and showcase three women in the field of VBDs under three categories: early career / rising star, mid-career, and senior and established women. One award will be issued per category and a token grant of up to $2500 will be given out to each. The awardees will have the liberty to re-invest in initiatives that promote women’s participation in VBDs in SSA.
The PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards ceremony will be held during this year’s 9th PAMCA Annual Conference & Exhibition, to be held between 17th – 21st September 2023 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- The applicants for the PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards are invited from early, midand senior career women professional scientists in all areas of VBDs.
- The call specifically targets professional women who have demonstrated exemplary performance in the fight against VBDs on the continent.
- The applicants must have shown leadership and mentorship abilities in their areas of work.
- The applicants must be registered PAMCA members with valid PAMCA membership for the year 2023.
Application and review process
The application form for this year’s call is available here: PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards Application Form. All applications must be received at 5:00 p.m. GMT of June 30th, 2023. All applications received after the deadline will not be considered. Awardees will be competitively selected from a short-list of applicants based on pre-determined criteria and interviewed.
Applicants must fulfil all the eligibility criteria:
- Duly filled and completed the PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards Application Form
- Each applicant is expected to apply for the award within the timeline and submit all the requirements for each category.
- Please note that all incomplete applications will automatically be disqualified.
Nominations: Applicants can also be nominated by nominees filling this form: PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards 2023 - Nomination Form
Successful applicants will be notified by July 31st, 2023, following successful review of the applications by a joint panel of Women in Vector Control committee. Unsuccessful applicants will be informed promptly.
- Call for applications opens: 16th May 2023
- Application deadline: 30th June 2023 at 5:00 p.m. GMT
- Notification on selection: 31st July 2023
Download the complete call here : PAMCA Women in Vector Control Excellence Awards
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org